Friday, October 24, 2008

Ertrocities of Extravagant Youth

It would be so ideal if money were no longer the most widely used currency for exhange of goods and services, and cookies were used instead. I am so disillusioned by the rate at which young people spend money these days and the world's obsession with consumerism. Been scoffing at Mo's occasional indulgence in retail therapy, then it suddenly dawned on me that I myself am a culprit of burning holes in people's wallets. It just so happens my hobbies tend to be rather expensive ones and for someone so willfully unemployed, I must say it scares me to think I may not be able to maintain my idyllic lifestyle if Mo one day decides not to sponsor my daily activities anymore.

Traveling is one of my greatest loves, and I'm lucky enough to be good friends with someone who so willingly brings me along wherever she goes. I've had the privilege of touring quaint Japanese towns, exploring Europe, experiencing both winter and summer in the land Down Under, had an authentic Thai massage in Bangkok, and traveled to many other places. It just so happens that traveling means incurring significant costs and the risk of overspending while in full holiday mode.

And then theres photography. I would love to sign up for proper photography classes with the Lomographic Society but the rates of the courses are pretty steep for a jobless panther and I can't even begin to imagine how I can raise that kinda money with the minimal skills that I have. Perhaps I could steal some of Mo's over-priced and under-utilised tops and sell them for half their original prices? I don't know man. Ever since Mo bought her Holga and abandoned it temporarily, I've been lugging it around and capturing priceless scenes and moments. It was only after that experience did I realize just how expensive the film I used was, and developing the pictures didn't cost any less! That's what you get for being trigger-happy.

Anyway, since we're on the topic of photography, I've just been invited to join Mo and her koolkat pals while they check out the Singapore Biennale (shout out to Vic: Marry me!). They're planning to cover all the various venues this Thursday, and since my schedule's wide open on Thurs, I suppose I'll tag along and take in the sheer beauty of photo exhibitions. For more info, paw this link: http://www.singaporebiennale.org/ . I've decided to include the venue map below so you cyberstalkers know where to find my furry tush come Thursday!





I'm so eggcited. Lerve is in the air and I'm psyched about all the plans I have lined up for the week. Included a pic of myself in the loving arms of Mo because it so accurately depicts the mood I'm in right now - lerved and totally chilled out.

In other news, I'm in need of a bath - V suggests that I be sent to the drycleaners since Mo is too much of a scaredy cat to put me in her washing machine and do the deed herself. C'mon guys, I can swim okay? No biggie. Gimme an oxygen tank and I guarantee you won't be fishing my dead body out of the washing machine. And I've been working out, can't you tell? Its not like I'm gonna disintegrate or anything ... Bish, plz.

Ok, this little pinky is going to bed because tomorrow brings macaroon mania and a trip to the gym. And you wonder why I'm in the pink of health!

Pinkerton OUT!